Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pruzin's Cubs News for the Week of Aug. 17th

The children wrote this letter to their parents during an Interactive

Writing Lesson on Thursday. It was for them to read at Parent Orientation. I forgot to mention it that night, so they asked me to put it on the blog.

Noah wrote: I got bit by a scorpion. The class ran out the door. The
manager killed it.

Madison wrote: Noah got bit by the scorpion.

Colton wrote: A scorpion bit Noah.

Zachary wrote: Noah got bit by a scorpion.

Hayden wrote: Noah got bit by a scorpion.

Jonathan wrote: We ran out into the hallway because it was a scorpion. We were scared.

Breydan wrote: Noah got bit by a scorpion.

Madeleine wrote: Noah got bit by a scorpion.

Branden wrote: We met our buddies. We read a book about Cookie.

Alexis wrote: I like our buddies.

Jumana wrote: Our buddies came to our classroom.

Lauren wrote: I made a book about Cookie. He was funny and he is black.

Ben wrote: I made a book about Cookie.

Shareya wrote: I read a book about Cookie.

Katarina wrote: I like the chunk word challenge.

Ethan wrote: This week I got sick.

Zach wrote: Ben's birthday was fun.

Chloe wrote: In Art we painted with the primary colors.

Megan wrote: We painted secondary colors.

Tiffany wrote: At recess I swang on the swing set. We sang in Music. In math we worked on our journal.

Reis wrote: I want to go to the A.R. test.

Alex wrote: We had a test and it was for the A.R. test.

Alicia wrote: I took a star reader test for A.R.

Caleb wrote: I read a book. It was a book about the Berenstain Bears.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to see extra highlights that the kids are enjoying. We ask Alexis everyday to tell us 3 special things that happened that day. We'll hear about some cute events but this gives us much more to talk about. Thanks.
Tamara

Toni Pruzin said...

I'm glad this blog is providing you with good information. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Farnall Family said...

A scorpion in the classroom? Yikes!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the acts of kindness...I would love to add one about one of your students observed after school hours,but only if permitted

Anonymous said...

okay so I'm "anonymous"
Jenn Mulford

Toni Pruzin said...

Hi Jenn aka anonymous!
I will definitely post any acts of kindness that someone sees. So please write about it on comments and I'll post it under this week's kind kids list.

Anonymous said...

When Nick Mulford was out sick he missed alot of school and flag football practice. So, on the first day back, he watched his buddies scrimmage from the sidelines. Zach waved and said," Hey Nick, I'll get a flag for you". Jenn:)