Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pruzin's Cubs News for the Week of Nov. 9th

Jumana wrote: We wrote with a goose quill on a horn book. First we wrote our name on a small paper that had the Mayflower on it. It was fun.

Breydan wrote: Quills are fun. I wrote with ink.

Reis wrote: We wrote with goose quills. We made horn books with the alphabet.

Phoebe wrote: Mrs. Pruzin taught us about Pilgrims. She read a book.

Alicia wrote: We made a birch bark basket. We stamped it and then we formed it.

Alexis wrote: I wrote with a quill.

Alex wrote: In art we painted. In art we wrote.

Chloe wrote: At art we had a blank piece of paper. We made some designs on the paper, and painted it so it's pretty.

Megan wrote: Art is fun. We did painting.

Mikayla wrote: We made a color chart. We followed the directions. It was fun and it was hard.

Zach wrote: In music we played a game. It was very fun.

Lauren wrote: We're learning about Wampanoags. They wear deer skin clothes.

Madeleine wrote: Wampanoags are good at catching fish. That is so cool.

Branden wrote: We got a marble jar party for getting 100 marbles in a jar. We are going to see what we are going to do.

Caleb wrote: We earned a marble jar party. On Monday we are going to vote for our marble jar party.

Zachary wrote: We filled the marble jar. We get a marble jar party.

Tiffany wrote: We are planting a bulb. It's growing.

Jonathan wrote: We are growing a bulb. We do not know what it is.

Colton wrote: We are measuring a bulb so we can see how long it grows before we see the flower.

Katarina wrote: I am an Independent Reader. I like A.R.

Ethan wrote: In school today I moved up a level in A.R. A.R. is when you take tests on books, but not every book. Some books are not A.R.

Hayden wrote: We made cards to my baby sister. I liked it.

Ben wrote: We have a bear skin rug. We get to sit on it.

Shareya wrote: I was Student of the Week.

Noah wrote: Me and Branden played football. It was fun. Branden kicked the ball high.

Madison wrote: We made birch bark baskets. Do you know how you make a basket? You fold a long side; then you fold the other side. Then you turn it and fold both sides. Last you tie each side with leather strings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ethan,
Uncle Mikey really liked the photo of you during the apple eating contest. I really miss you and be sure to visit me in Japan, I'll take you to Tokyo Disneyland.

Mrs. Mulford said...

Good morning cubs!
So happy to have helped in your class on Friday w/ the baskets.The stamping was my favorite part

Toni Pruzin said...

Uncle Mike---you're crazy, but thanks for saying that. Will you become a follower? (From Ethan)

Mrs. Mulford, Thanks for the comment. (Tiffany) Thanks for helping us. (Chloe)

LPipppins said...

Hello Cubs. I'm so jealous that you got to write with a goose quill pen! I hope that you all enjoyed your marble jar party. Soon you all soon.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe you all have read more than 2,000 books. That is amazing. I don't think I have read 2,000 books in my whole life.

Mr. Fabian